My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://versesfromtheabstract.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday 25 October 2008

vampire weekend @ sheffield academy

Vampire Weekend have become an addiction. When a tout offered me a ticket for £40 I was tempted....but managed to get a balcony ticket for £25, almost twice face value, but worth every penny. There is something very special about this band, they have an energy unrivaled in the indie scene at the moment, both on record and live. This was the 4th time I'd seen them this year, and the best, but I wish it had been more. I can't wait for new material from them. This was the first time they had played in Sheffield and they played by far the largest of the "indie" venues in Sheff. I wouldn't be surprise if the next time they come, they were big enough to play the Arena.
setlist:
Mansard Roof
Campus
Cape Code Kwassa Kwassa
I Stand Corrected
white sky (new song)
Bryn
Ladies Of Cambridge
A-Punk
One (Blake’s Got A New Face)
M79
The Kid’s Don’t Stand A Chance
new song
Oxford Comma

Everywhere (Fleetwood Mac Cover)
Walcott

A-Punk will be re-released in November i think...

Vampire Weekend-A-Punk

No comments: