My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://versesfromtheabstract.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday 13 October 2008

old skool monday #23


"Live Forever" is a song by British rock group Oasis, written by the band's guitarist and chief songwriter Noel Gallagher. It was released as the third single from their debut album Definitely Maybe on 8 August 1994, just prior to that album's release.

Gallagher wrote the song in 1991, before he joined Oasis. Inspired by The Rolling Stones' "Shine a Light," "Live Forever" features a basic song structure and lyrics with an optimistic outlook that contrasted with the attitude of the grunge bands popular at the time. The song was the first Oasis single to enter the top ten in the United Kingdom, and garnered critical acclaim.

Loads more here

I am about to listen to the new album right now. I think I might continue this feature for a while actually, I have around 30 more songs I have thought of I can use, I will just have to be more disciplined with it.

Oasis-Live Forever

No comments: