My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://versesfromtheabstract.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday 26 February 2009

skinsmusic season 3 episode 5


You've got to hand it to them, they managed to make him even more of a twat

Cant remember whether i liked this episode or not...it was a whole week ago....
It was interesting to see Freddies backstory (not just because it involved Bob Fossil!) but as usual there was loads wrong with this episode. I find Luke Pasqualino (Freddie) such an unconvincing actor, they have created potentially the best character of the series but let it go to waste with someone who is maybe only an average actor. I do like the Cook/Freddie/JJ friendship triangle thing despite JJ being very annoying. I have to admit I do find cook/JJ's friendship entertaining...and before I get even angrier about his character, Jack O’Connell (Cook) is an excellent actor, the best of the new cast I think. I was so angry at Cook by the end, I didnt even guess it was gonna be him in Effy's room, I assumed it'd be some random, but I found myself surprisingly dedicated to Effy/Freddie as opposed to Effy/Cook.
That lovestory is also unconvincing. The whole "big romantic scene" in the lake as awful, that was pretty much the least passionate kiss on tv...ever....
Turns out there is no point in Josie without Chris as well...
Music was brilliant agin this episode, got me into a couple of new (to me) bands which is always good!
The Early Years – A Little More
Fat Segal – Sexxbombz Theme Tune
Timothy Victor – Juicing Down
Fat Segal – Tension Music
The Clash – Bankrobber
Jimi Hendrix-Voodoo Chile
Phosphorescent – A Death A Proclamation (mp3)(Daytrotter Session)
Boards of Canada – In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country(mp3)
Sparklehorse – It’s A Wonderful Life (mp3)
Carla Bruni – Le Ciel Dans Une Chambre –
Notwist – This Room –
Electrelane – Gone Under The Sea
Devendra Banhart – Now That I Know
Fat Segal As Yet Untitled Freddie Being Sick Ambient Composition
Stephen Fretwell – Darlin’ Don’t
Phosphorescent – I Am A Fully Grown Man (And I Will Lay Down in the Grass)
Fat Segal – Rim Licking – 1st song
Timothy Victor – Ass2Ass
David Holmes – Love Reign Over Me

The 3 mp3s are brilliant, all 3 of them were new to me, now i love them all! Stephen Fretwell also comes highly recommended.
read all about the music here
Naomi tonight...i reeeeally hope she doesnt fall for Cook...

No comments: