My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://versesfromtheabstract.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday 17 May 2008

ice is getting thinner demo


Finally got hold of this, and its 10 times better than the album version, i really dont know why they didnt just leave it as a piano ballad, rather than making it guitar based, it doesnt suit the song!!
Death Cab For Cutie-The Ice is Getting Thinner (demo)

and the solo live version i posted aaaaages ago
Ben Gibbard-The Ice is Getting Thinner (Live Acoustic)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"With 'The Ice Is Getting Thinner' I really wanted something that felt icy and literal. I wanted a certain chill about it. The demo came in like a major heap of piano. I really just wanted some gravity in it. I wanted to strip the piano out of it and rethink it as this really studied, careful, stark song."

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these!